- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour plus more for work surface
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- ¼ cup cold unsalted butter cut into small pieces
- ⅓ cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup fresh mulberries
- In a large bowl add in flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Whisk everything together.
- Then add in the cold butter and start rubbing the butter into the flour, to form a crumbly texture.
- The color of the flour mixture will turn yellow, once the butter is well incorporated into the flour. Add in the buttermilk, with chopped Himalayan mulberries.
- Combine everything to form a soft dough, and don't knead the dough a lot. Meanwhile, Preheat the oven at 320F
- Place the dough on a floured baking tray, and form a rough circle with the dough which is about 1.2inches in height.
- Cut the dough diagonally, and brush it with egg wash. Bake it for 15-20mins or until it's golden brown on top and the scones have risen.
- Serve it warm with a mulberry glaze or butter.
Share with friends & family
Our refreshing take on lassi
Perfect use of mulberry ice cream
Creamy and delicious
Classic mulberry muffins
Perfectly sweet eton mess
Our favorite bundt cake
Nutritious overnight oats
Buttery with a hint of sweetness
Delicious homemade mulberry pie
Perfect afternoon pick me up
Join the Mulberry Adventure
By providing your email, you will receive exciting updates, promotions, and information about U-Pick and the farm.